Sunday, March 3, 2013

Six months have passed...

Holy crap can it be true that Thursday will be 6 months since I left my job in higher education?  Is the calendar correct? How is it March already? Half a year has passed me by and I may be starting to freak out a little bit.  A month ago I wrote about how I am ready to be transitioned and I am.  It is time for something to happen.  I have been applying for jobs in higher education both close by and far away (after all that is what I said I would be doing at this point).  And this is the time of year that job openings start to really surface. So I remain hopeful and I am also freaking out. Something will work out..it always does.  There have been other times in my life when just at the right moment doors that needed to open did indeed open.  This always happens. So why should this time be different? I need to continue to breathe, to keep doing what I am doing.  What more can I do? What more should I do? Better yet what do I want to do? I did think that by this point in time I would have it all figured out.  This gift, the time I have been given, would manifest itself into some amazing outcome.  This has not happened yet, but it will happen, and wouldn't it be nice to know when.  Where is that crystal ball I have been looking for.  When will it all unfold.  Like I said I am ready, ready and now freaking out because in reality if I do not have this all figured out by the summer I am going to really have a problem.

I am a work in progress.  My life is a work in progress.  

One positive right now is that I have in these past six months done a lot of work on myself.  Any sort of self-love lost and self-respect lost in the year prior has slowly been restored.  I am stronger now then I have been in a very long time (mentally, emotionally and physically) and now that I have gotten that figured out (sort of) it is time to get other things in my life sorted out. I know this in my heart of hearts, deep down in my soul, in the depths of my core, I know that everything in life will work itself out but this still does not stop me from freaking out now and then.


"I find that when we really love and accept and approve of ourselves exactly as we are, then everything in life works." ~Louise L. Hay


No comments:

Post a Comment